Ingredients (Makes a tray of about 30 biscuits)
Plain Flour 275 grammes (10oz)
Butter 350 grammes (12oz)
Caster Sugar 225 grammes (8oz)
Sml Tin Condensed Milk 400 grammes (14oz)
4 Table Spoons of Golden Syrup
Plain Chocolate 225 grammes (8oz)
Small pack of Marzipan or White Icing
2-3 Table Spoons of Jam
1. Heat the oven to 180°C /350°F (Gas mark 4). Mix together 225 grammes (8oz) of butter with 100 grammes (4oz) of the caster sugar in a large bowl. Add the flour and work the mixture into a soft dough.
2. Press the mixture into a shallow baking tray, measuring approximately 22cm by 32cm, even it out then place in the oven and bake until this biscuit base is golden and crisp.
3. To make the caramel filling, heat the remaining butter and sugar with the tin of condensed milk in a saucepan, adding the golden syrup. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for a few minutes, stirring all the time until the mixture turns a golden, caramel colour. Carefully pour over the biscuit base in the tray and then leave it to cool.
4. Melt the plain chocolate over a pan of simmering water and spread over the caramel, then allow everything to set.
5. Download the dinosaur footprint template (available at www.everythingdinosaur.com), draw round it using a piece of stiff card to create your very own dinosaur footprint template.
6. Roll out the marzipan or the white icing then carefully cut out footprints using a small knife. Put a little dab of jam onto the footprint and carefully place them in rows on the chocolate biscuits. Then simply cut the biscuits into small squares, each one with a footprint on it and there you go, your very own dinosaur footprint biscuits.