Ingredients (Makes a batch of about 8 eggs)
Plain or Milk cooking Chocolate 225 grammes (8oz)
Packet of Breakfast Cereal Cornflakes or Shredded Wheat variety
Packet of Sugar Coated Mini-chocolate Eggs
Pack of Small Cake Cases
1. Break the cooking chocolate into pieces and place in a heat-proof bowl. Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water.
2. Once the chocolate has melted remove it from the heat and give it a good stir in the bowl.
3. Add some of the breakfast cereal until the mixture takes on a brown twiggy look.
4. Carefully spoon enough of the mix into each paper case so that a little nest is formed. Make sure you push it down in the middle so that each nest has a hollow in the centre.
5. Place two chocolate mini-eggs in the centre of each chocolate nest, the eggs will stick when the chocolate sets. Two eggs is all you need for each nest (we know that some dinosaurs laid eggs in pairs so your chocolate nests would please a palaeontologist).
6. Then leave the nests to set.